The best communities on Discord set up for success before they even start their server. Luckily for you, the Discord website (ya’know, what you’re reading right now) has tons of resources to support you on your journey to fostering your future community! To make learning Discord as easy as possible, we’ve compiled a snack-sized guide sharing four of our must-read articles for Discord beginners.
- Securing your Server: As an up-and-coming server admin, you’ll want your members to feel comfortable enough to engage in conversation with others. This article on our Community Portal is perfect for first-time Discord server creators, giving you the rundown on All Things Server Security™.
- Beginner’s Guide to Discord: The name says it all — this robust Help Center article gives you all the information you could ever want, from how to use channels to customizing your personal profile.
- Channels Every Community Server Should Have: When setting up your server for the first time, knowing what sorts of channels have been successful for others can help your own community grow strong. This Community Portal article will help you get ideas for what you channels can add to your server.
- Protecting Your Account: Keeping your server safe is just the first step! Your own account security is just as important, if not more so, to making sure your journey as a Creator on Discord is a smooth one. We recommend brushing up on these safety tips to boost your account’s immune system against malicious actors and scams that might come your way
- Nitro: Discord offers optional subscriptions that unlocks additional features and perks help express yourself and have more fun on Discord. This Help Center article runs through all things each tier of Nitro offers.
Aaand that’s it! We told you it would be easy to digest! As you continue on your Discord journey, the Help Center and Community Portal are two great places to reference if you’re ever stuck or confused. And of course, the Creator Portal you’re reading right now will always be here for you to reference.
Be sure to check out some of the recommended articles down below— happy snacking!