Mobile (iOS & Android) Updates
Big Exciting News
- Server Subscriptions are now available in the U.S. Earn money directly on Discord: creators and community leaders can now offer subscription plans for unique roles and benefits. Get started now or check out our new Creator Portal to learn more.
Smaller News, Still Exciting
We are working hard so you don't have to. Spend less time navigating the app and more time hanging out with your friends with these improvements
- Smoother replies. We added swipe-to-reply for faster witty retorts.
- Shareable group chats. Quickly create and share links to group DMs to invite your friends. Mobile only for now, coming soon to desktop.
- Multiple images, one message. Woe to those who enjoyed spamming tons of Images in a single upload. Media files will now appear in a nice, neat grid which you can open and view at your leisure.
- YouTube videos play in place: YouTube video embeds will play in chat and won’t rudely kick you out of the Discord app.
- Discord go brrrr *again*. Now the app opens even faster than our last update. Our need for speed will never be satisfied, I tell you. Never.
- Send messages silently. It’s like slipping a note to your friend. Add `@silent` at the very beginning of your message to send it without any push or desktop notifications. Recipients will still see the notification dot, just no alert.
Bite Size News, Excitement Encouraged But Not Mandatory
We always strive to improve your experience on Discord. Check out these hacks to get more out of your settings.
- Custom video upload quality. You can now choose the default quality of your video uploads and Discord will automatically compress them.
- Low data? No problem. Data Saving Mode now works for both videos and images. Use this setting to send media files in lower quality and reduce data usage on your cellular plan.
- What your system theme says, goes. Discord can now detect your mobile device settings for light and dark themes. To automatically change themes based on your system settings, go to App Settings > Appearance and change your theme to Automatic.
- Edit your profile (or profiles) on mobile. Feeling a special vibe today? Change your user and server profiles from the same location! Nitro subscribers can edit their Profile Theme, too. When the mood strikes, head to User Settings > Profiles to check it out.